7/4/08

Hmm...

Just a few short days after my missive about the nature of Happiness, look what Steve Chapman and Mary Schmich are suddenly talking about in the Tribune. Coincidence? I think not...

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

As a side note, I *never* cared for Mary Schmich or her writing style. Or that expression on her face in her pics. She may be one of the reasons I never read the trib. /end random thought>

Karin said...

From Mary Schmich's column: "I also like the survey that says people in sunny California are no happier overall than warmth-starved Chicagoans. We make up for our weather deficits with the happiness that comes from strong connections to city, family, history." People in the Northwest definitely - me included - do get grouchy, and I would say depressed, toward the end of a long damp, sunless winter. Yet we never fail to take advantage of every short burst of sunshine we get during this time. Just watch - 5 minutes into any sun burst, and you will see folks on the sidewalk, smiling into that happy yellow orb, or lunching on a park bench. We do seem to adapt. Happiness in where you find it.